When the two best NFL teams square off in the biggest annual sporting event, one would expect games to be closely contested. However, this isn’t always the case. Occasionally, a lesser team will be blown out by its opposition. Here are the Top 10 biggest blowouts to occur in the Super Bowl.
10. Super Bowl 29: 49ers def. Chargers 49-26 (23 Points)
9. Super Bowl Packers def. Chiefs 35-10 (25 Points)
T-7. Super Bowl Ravens def. Giants 34-7 (27 Points)
T-7. Super Bowl Bucaneers def. Raiders 48-21 (27 Points)
6. Super Bowl Raiders def. Redskins 38-9 (29 Points)
5. Super Bowl Redskins def. Broncos 42-10 (32 Points)
T-3. Super Bowl Cowboys def. Bills 52-17 (35 Points)
T-3. Super Bowl Seahawks def. Broncos 43-8 (35 Points)
2. Super Bowl Bears def. Patriots 46-10 (36 Points)
1. Super Bowl 49ers def. Broncos 55-10 (45 Points)
Thanks for reading, and we hope your favorite team wasn’t on the receiving end of one of these beatdowns! Feel free to suggest more list ideas in the comments below.